Name: Ivan Grozdanov
Date of birth: 19.11.1950
Place of birth: Radovis, Macedonia
Address: Arhimedova 5
1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Telephone: ++ 389 (0)2 3249 942
Fax: ++ 389 (0)2 3226 865
- PhD (1986, Faculty of Natural Sciences and mathematics, Department of Chemistry, Serbia) on Investigation of aqueous complexes by Electrochemical methods.
- MSc (1982, University Sts. Kiril and Metodij, Faculty of Natural sciences and Mathematics, Institute of Chemistry, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia) on Stability Constants of Complex Compounds by Polarography.
- BSc in Chemistry (1974, University Sts. Kiril and Metodij, Faculty of Natural sciences and Mathematics, Institute of Chemistry, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia).
- Inter-University Exchange Programme, Arizona State University, Department of Chemistry (1980-1982). Complex compounds by Electrochemical Methods.
- Postdoc Fulbright Scholar at Arizona State University, Department of Chemical, Bio and Materials Engineering (1993-1995). Thin Films of Solid Semiconductors.
- Short visits:
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Dept. of Chemistry in Novi Sad, Serbia,
- King's College in London, UK etc.
Field of scientific interest:
Materials Chemistry - Investigations of Thin Solid Films of Inorganic nature - Nanosize films. Development of fabrication techniques, Investigation of Properties.
Techniques and Methods:
- Chemical Bath Depositions,
- XRD analysis;,
- UV-VIS-NIR Spectrometry.
Research in Engineering of Materials (Arizona State University, 1993-1995). Principal investigator or participant in several International projects (USA; USA - Macedonian; latest one 1998-2001) as well as Principal investigator of National Projects (current project 2006-2009, following the completed one in 2001-2004). Significant contributions in Developing Chemical Deposition Techniques for Semiconducting Chalcogenide Thin Films onto various substrates and shapes; Novel applications of semiconducting and bioactive solid films.
- All Undergraduate levels at the Institute of Chemistry in Skopje, R. Macedonia, since 1975 to date (2008): Teaching Assistants, Assistant, Assistant Professor, Full Professor. Mainly in General and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Graduate level: Inorganic Biochemistry and Chemistry of Thin Solid Films.
- Current Position: Full Professor of General and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Number of Original Scientific Papers: approx. 60
- Science Citation Index ref. approx. 450
Some relevant publications:
- I. Grozdanov, Deposition of electrically conductive, microwave shielding and IR-detecting inorganic coatings on polymer films, Chemistry Letters, 3, 551-554 (1994);
- I. Grozdanov, C. K. Barlingay, S. K. Dey, Experimental study of the copper thiosulfate system with respect to thin-film deposition, Thin Solid Films, 250, 67-71 (1994);
- I. Grozdanov, Electroconductive copper selenide films on transparent polyester sheets, Synthetic Metals, 63, 213-216 (1994);
- I. Grozdanov, A simple and low-cost technique for electroless deposition of chalcogenide thin films, Semiconducting Science and Technology, 9, 1234-1242 (1994);
- I. Grozdanov, C. K. Barlingay, S. K. Dey, Novel applications of che¬mi¬cal¬ly deposited CuxS thin films, Materials Letters, 23, 181-185 (1995).
Recent Publications (2005-2008):
- B. Pejova, A. Tanusevski, I. Grozdanov, Photophysics, photoelectrical properties and photoconductivity relaxation dynamics of quantum-sized bismuth(III) sulfide thin films, Journal of Solid State Chemistry 178 (2005) 1786.
- B. Pejova, I. Grozdanov, Three-dimensional confinement effects in semiconducting zinc selenide quantum dots deposited in thin-film form, Materials Chemistry and Physics 90 (2005) 35.
- B. Pejova, I. Grozdanov, Structural and optical properties of chemically deposited thin films of quantum-sized bimuth(III) sufide, Materials Chemistry and Physics 99 (2006) 39-49.
- B. Pejova, I. Grozdanov, Semiconducting In2S3 quantum dots in thin film form: sonochemical versus conventional chemical synthesis and investigation of their structural and optical properties, Czechoslovak Journal of Physics 56 (2006) 75-84.
- B. Pejova, A. Tanusevski, I. Grozdanov, Photophysics, photoelectrical properties and photoconductivity relaxation dynamics of quantum-sized bismuth(III) sulfide thin films, Journal of Solid State Chemistry 178 (2006) 1786-1798.
- B. Pejova, I. Grozdanov, Chemical synthesis, structural and optical properties of quantum sized semiconducting tin(II) selenide in thin film form, Thin Solid Films 515 (2007) 5203-5211.
Principal Investigator of several International and Domestic Projects. Participant in more than a dozen Research Projects. Most of them dealing with Materials Chemistry.