Date of birth: 29. 11. 1972, Prilep
Place of birth: Prilep, Macedonia
Marital Status: Married, one child
Official address in Macedonia:
1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Department of Biophysics,
Geb. 58, Saarland University,
Education degrees awarded
- 1997: Engineer of Chemistry: Institute of Chemistry, Faculty
of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Skopje, Macedonia;
- 2001: Master of Science (MSci) in Chemistry: Institute of
Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of
- 2004: Dr rer. nat: .
at the University of Greifswald, Germany;
- 2006: Assistant Professor (an outdoor
member): Institute of Chemistry, Faculty of Natural
Sciences and Mathematics, University of Skopje, Macedonia;
- 2006: Assistant Professor: Faculty of
Management of Environment, FON-First Private University, Skopje,
the MSc Thesis
Theoretical and experimental treatment of the redox
processes coupled by adsorption phenomena under conditions of
Square-wave voltammetry, Skopje, 2001
the PhD Thesis
|The Determination of the
Standard Gibbs Energies of Ion Transfer across the Liquid|Liquid
Interfaces with the Help of Three-Phase Electrodes. Supervisor: Prof.
Fritz Scholz, Greifswald, Germany, 2004
Realized Working Studies and Stays
- Two weeks at the Lab of Dr. Sebojka Komorsky-Lovric and Dr. Milivoj
Lovric (in February 2001) at Institut Rudjer Boskovic, Zagreb, Croatia;
- 2 weeks at the Lab of Prof. Dr. Boris Pihlar (in January und
February 2001) at the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology in
- 1 Month at the Lab of Prof. Dr. Berdnard Testa and Prof. Dr. P. –A.
Carrupt at Institute de Chemie Therapeutique in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Invitated Talks and Seminars
- April 2002 at Institut für Chemie und Biochemie in
- Juni 2003 at Institute de Chemie Therapeutique, Lausanne,
- December 2003 at Fakultät für Physikalische Chemie,
Universität von Ulm, Germany
- October 2005, at the Faculty of Chemistry, University of
- March 2008 and September 2008, Institute of
Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Saarland University, Germany.
Teaching experience as a Teacher Assistant
- Medicinal Chemistry (Faculty of Medicine)
- Medicinal chemistry for dentists (Faculty of Medicine);
- General Chemistry for biologist (Institute of Biology, Faculty of
Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Skopje, Macedonia);
- Experimental Chemistry course for Chemistry and Biology students.
Fields of Interest
Theoretical and Experimental Electrochemistry, Electroanalytical
Chemistry, Voltammetric Techniques, Square-wave voltammetry,
Protein-film Voltammetry, Coenzyme Q10 redox chemistry, Redox Chemistry
of methoxy benzoquinones, Kinetic Measurements of various redox
reactions under conditions of Voltammetry, Modelling of various
electrochemical reactions under voltammetric conditions, Electrochemical
Impedeance Spectroscopy (EIS), Transfer of Ions across the interface of
two immiscible liquids, Biomimetic Membranes; Molecular Dynamic
Simulations, Mechanism of Ca2+ transfer across mitochondria
membranes, complexation chemistry.
- Referee Reviewer of more than 100 papers submitted for
publication in following international peer journals:
- Journal of Physical Chemistry C; Journal of Solid State
Electrochemistry; Croatica Chemica Acta; Physical Chemistry Chemical
Physics (PCCP); Lab on a Chip, Langmuir; Biophysical Chemistry;
Organic&Biomolecular Chemistry; Analytica Chimica Acta; The Open
Electrochemistry Journal; Current Analytical Chemistry;
Energy&Environmental Science; Analytical Biochemistry.
- Active Participation in more than 20 national and international
- Invited Evaluator for the scientific projects of the Ministry of
Science and Education of Argentina.
- Member of the Editorial Board of The Open Electrochemistry Journal
English-fluent, German-very good, Serbo-Croatian-fluent,
- PhD scholarship of DAAD (A/01/11814) in the period 2001-2004
- Post. Doc. Fellowship of Fundacao para a Ciencia
e a Tecnologia (FCT- SFRH/BPD/14894/2004), Portugal, in the
- Alexander Von HUMBOLDT Postdoctoral Research Fellowship-2008,
- over 50 original papers (45 of them appeared in SCI journals)
published in 24 various international-peer journals;
- one book and two chapters in books (all written in English):
- Fritz Scholz, Uwe Schroeder, Rubin Gulaboski “Electrochemistry of
Immobilized Particles and Droplets”, Springer Verlag, New York, pp.
- Rubin Gulaboski in ELECTROCHEMICAL DICTIONARY, A J. Bard, G. Inzelt,
F. Scholz (editors) Springer, 2008.
- Rubin Gulaboski and Carlos M. Pereira, Electrochemical Methods and
Instrumentation in Food Analysis, in Handbook of Food Analysis
Instruments, Taylor & Francis, Semih Otles (ed.) 2008
- over 30 posters, procedings and oral talks.
- R. Gulaboski, M. Lovric, V. Mirceski, I. Bogeski, M. Hoth,
“Protein-film voltammetry: a theoretical study of the temperature effect
using square-wave voltammetry”, Biophys. Chem. 137 (2008) 49-55.
- R. Gulaboski, “Surface ECE mechanism in protein film voltammetry—a
theoretical study under conditions of square-wave voltammetry”, J. Solid
State Electrochem. (2008) DOI 10.1007/s10008-008-0665-5
- R. Gulaboski, M. Chirea, C. M. Pereira, M. N. D. S. Cordeiro, R. B.
Costa, A. F. Silva, “Probing of the Voltammetric Features of Graphite
Electrodes Modified with Mercaptoundecanoic Acid Stabilized Gold
Nanoparticles”, J. Phys. Chem. C 112 (2008) 2428-2435
- 4. R. Gulaboski, C. M. Pereira, M. N. D. S. Cordeiro, M. Hoth, I.
Bogeski, “Redox properties of the calcium chelator Fura-2 in mimetic
biomembranes”, Cell Calcium 43 (2008) 615-621.
- Rubin Gulaboski, M. Natalia D.S. Cordeiro, Nuno Milhazes, Jorge
Garrido, Fernanda Borges, Miguel Jorge, Carlos M. Pereira, Ivan Bogeski,
Aluska Helguera Morales, Blaze Naumoski and A. Fernando Silva,
“Evaluation of the lipophilic properties of opioids, amphetamine-like
drugs, and metabolites through electrochemical studies at the interface
between two immiscible solutions” Anal. Biochem. 361 (2007) 236-243.
- R. Gulaboski, C. M. Pereira. M. N. D. S. Cordeiro, I. Bogeski, E.
Fereira, D. Ribeiro, M. Chirea, A. F. Silva, “Electrochemical Study of
Ion Transfer of Acetylcholine across the Interface of Water and a
Lipid-Modified 1,2-Dichlorethan” J. Phys. Chem B 109 (2005) 12549-12559.
- R. Gulaboski, F. Scholz, “Lipophilicity of peptide anions-an
experimental data set for lipophilicity calculations”, J. Phys. Chem. B.
107 (2003) 5650-5657.
- Prof. Markus Hoth (Faculty of Medicine, Uni-Saarland, Germany);
- Prof. Fritz Scholz (Faculty of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Uni-Greifswald,
- Prof. Valentin Mirceski (Faculty of Natural Sciences and
Mathematics, University of Skopje, Macedonia);
- Prof. Milivoj Lovric (Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia);
- Prof. Sebojka Komorsky-Lovric (Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb,
- Prof. M. Natalia D. S. Cordeiro (Faculty of Sciences, Uni-Porto,
- Prof. Carlos M. Pereira (Faculty of Sciences, Uni-Porto, Portugal);
- Prof. A. F. Silva (Faculty of Sciences, Uni-Porto, Portugal);
- Dr. med. Ivan Bogeski (Faculty of Medicine, Uni-Saarland, Germany);
- Prof. Reinhard Kapple, Faculty of Medicine, Uni-Saarland, Germany).