PhD. Shekutkovski Nikita - Full Time Professor
Born in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, 1956, September 19.
Elementary and high school in Skopje.
B. Sci. in Mathematics 1979 (Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Skopje),
M. A. (Master) in Mathematical Sciences 1983 (Sts. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje), (supervisor S. Mardesic)
Dr. Sci. in Mathematical Sciences 1986 (University of Zagreb, Croatia).
Dr.Sci. Thesis: "Coherent inverse systems and strong shape theory" (supervisor S. Mardesic).
Appointements at Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Skopje
Assistant 1980, Asstant Professor 1987, Associate Professor 1993, Professor 1998,
Chairman of the Institute of Mathematics (Department of Mathematics), Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Skopje, from 1997 -1999 and from 2005 - 2007, and in the present time.
Main research area Topology, specially shape theory, coherence, proper homotopy, ends, and in the recent years intrinsic approach to shape and applications in dynamical systems. Main research papers:
- Coherent category of inverse sequences is a subcategory of the category of coherent inverse systems, Macedonian Academy of Sciences, Contributions X (1989) 5-19,
- Equivalence of coherent theories, Topology Appl. 75 (1997) 113-123,
- From inverse to coherent systems, Topology Appl.113 (2001), 293-307,
- Shift and coherent shift in inverse systems, Topology Appl. Vol. 140, Issue 1 (2004), 111-130
- Ends and quasicomponents, Central European Journal of Mathematics, Volume 8, number 6 (2010)
- Intrinsic definition of strong shape for compact metric spaces, Topology Proceedings, 38 (2011).
Participation at specialized scientific conferences on Topology in Italy, Spain, Japan, Poland, USA , Croatia, Serbia . Invited talks at University of Oxford 2002, University Complutense, Madrid 2000 and at Borsuk Centennial Conference, Poland, organized by Polish Academy of Sciennces.
Recent participations at conferences and visits:
• 2007 invited talk at Conference devoted to 60 years of Insttute of Mathematics and Informatics of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences .
• 2008 invited guest at 12. Congress of Serbian mathematicians, Novi Sad, Serbia
• 2009, invited talk at Topology seminar of University of Zagreb
• 2009 , participation at Spring Topology and Dynamics, University of Florida at Gainesville
• 2010, participation at 25th Summer Topology Conference , Kielce, Poland
Supervisor of three (3) Ph. D. thesis and eight (8) master's thesis. Two of them are Assistant Professors at Universities at USA.
First international conference on topology and its aplications, ICTA2000, Ohrid, September 2-9, Top. Appl. Vol. 140, Issue 1 (2004) (Guest editors: J.E. Keesling, Yu.T. Lisica, J.M.R. Sanjurjo, N. Shekutkovski )
Second international conference on topology and its aplications, ICTA2004, Skopje, September 1-4, Top. Appl. Vol. 158, Issue 2 (2011) (Guest editors: J.E. Keesling, Yu.T. Lisica, J.M.R. Sanjurjo, N. Shekutkovski )
IV Congress of the mathematicians of Republic of Macedonia, Struga, 19-22,10.2008 (N. Shekutkovski, editor-in-chief)
Author of three University books
Mathematical Analysis 1, Prosvetno delo, Skopje, Second edition 2008 (First dition 1995)
Series and Analytic Functions, Sts.Cyril and Methodius University, 2002
Topology, Sts.Cyril and Methodius University, 2002
Author of professional papers: 1)Theorem of Newton-Leibnitz-Gauss-Ostrogradski-Stokes-Poincare 2) The shortest way to tne notion of real number 3) Poincare's conjecture is solved 4) Paradox of Zenon 5) Prominent mathematicians and Word war II, ....
Full list of papers